I am Dr Iqbal Mohiuddin, Consultant Psychiatrist, Therapist, and Director of IamPsychiatry. I have been providing private, confidential and effective mental health assessment, counselling and treatment services since 2007. I am supported by my wife Pam whom manages all our enquiries and bookings.
IamPsychiatry has successfully helped and treated hundreds of private patients and their families for a wide variety of mental health problems including:
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Emotional problems
- Adult ADHD
You can be assessed quickly, usually within a week, in a relaxed and comfortable environment. A pre-assessment form is sent to you by Pam before your first appointment so that we have some relevant information about you, as well as knowing what your goals of treatment are from the outset.
I quickly establish therapeutic and collaborative relationships with all my patients. With genuine care and compassion, I effectively help my patients to recover and enjoy life. I am experienced and qualified in prescribing appropriate medication for more severe mental health problems, as well as treating milder to moderate mental health problems with appropriate therapy and without medication.
I have been a UK medical doctor registered with the GMC since 1999, and a Psychiatrist since 2000. I have worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist since 2008. I am fully indemnified for private medical and psychiatric practice by the Medical Protection Society. I am also passionate about mental and physical heath and wellbeing, and your timely recovery.
My various professional qualifications:
- BSc (Hons) - Bachelor of Neuroscience with Basic Medical Sciences, University College London (UCL), UK, 1995
- MBBS - Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery, UCL Medical School, UK, 1999
- Approved by the Secretary of State for Health under Section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983 (England & Wales) since 2004
- HGDip - Human Givens Therapy Diploma (Distinction), Human Givens College, UK, 2006
- GHGI - Graduate Member of the Human Givens Institute, UK, 2006
- DipCBT - Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Distinction), Open College, UK, 2008
- MRCPsych - Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK, 2009
- Approved Clinician (AC) status under the Mental Health Act 1983 (England & Wales) since 2009
- Personality Disorder Knowledge & Understanding Framework Awareness Level Certificate, Institute of Mental Health, UK, 2011
- PGCME - Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education, Cardiff University, UK, 2011
- FHEA - Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK, 2011
- CESR - Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration for General Psychiatry, GMC, UK, 2013
- UKAAN accredited courses in the Diagnosis & Assessment, and Pharmacological Treatment of Adult ADHD, UK, 2017
- Certificate in the Management of Drug Misuse, Royal College of GPs, UK, 2017
We do not offer emergency appointments. In the event of a life-threatening emergency, please go to your GP or local A&E, or call 999 if the risk of harm or injury is immediate.
Call Pam on 0800 779 7800 to book a private consultation today!